Who We Are
We are a diverse group with the shared belief that human beings and nature are the result of intelligent design (ID) rather than a blind undirected process.
What We Do
We increase awareness of the Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture and its leading role in developing and promoting the scientific evidence for design by an intelligent agent in nature. We do this primarily by:
- Organizing, hosting, financing and promoting educational events that bring experts in intelligent design to Southern California.
- Forming an intellectual community through networking, education, and mentorship.
- Helping local faith communities understand the positive relationship between science and faith.
- Advocating for academic freedom for scientists, teachers, students, and other interested parties.
How We Can Help You
We can assist you by:
- Providing speakers and teachers for events promoting intelligent design.
- Suggesting and delivering appropriate ID resources to educate both adults and young people in your community.
- Providing continuing education for members of your community who attend our meetings and events.
What You Can Do
- Request information or help from email@example.com.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Attend one of our meetings or events.
- Find out about the summer seminar program sponsored by Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture.
- Make a tax deductible donation.
The SCN – SoCal Chapter is in the process of organizing events in the greater Los Angeles, Orange County and surrounding Southern California metro areas. Check for upcoming events.